The first update for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate has been released ahead of the game’s official launch tomorrow.
Version 1.1.0 is the game’s day-one patch, and it adds a bunch of game balance adjustments to fix any bugs, glitches, or stability issues before the general public get their hands on the title.
On top of that, the Adventure Mode, World of Light, is getting a Hard difficulty option for any Smash Bros. veterans looking to show off their skills in the game’s campaign.
Here’s a look at the update’s full patch notes.
- Hard difficulty added to Adventure Mode.
- Quickplay, Battle Arenas, Spectate, and Background Matchmaking added to Online mode.
- Global Smash Power will now be shown.
- You will need a paid Nintendo Switch Online membership to access these features, however.
- Support for Spirit events.
- Receive in-game items as presents.
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2’s Rex’s Mii costume (Swordfighter type) has been added to the game for anyone who purchased the DLC Fighters Pass.
- Game balance adjustments.
- Stability fixes.
- Various gameplay fixes.
The update should happen automatically as long as you’re connected to the internet. You’ll be able to see which version of the game you’re playing by looking at the top right of the title screen.