One of the newest additions to Fortnite: Battle Royale is Vending Machines. You won’t be buying snacks or drinks, though. These machines are for trading building materials for weapons.
The Vending Machines are placed all throughout the map, but basically you can find one in any of the bigger, named areas on the map, like Tilted Towers, Retail Row, and Greasy Grove.
Every Vending Machine will have a randomly-selected rarity for its items, and each machine holds three. You can make the machine switch through items faster by hitting it with your pickaxe.
- Items found in a Common (white) version will cost 100 materials.
- Items found in a Uncommon (green) version will cost 200 materials.
- Items found in a Rare (blue) version will cost 300 materials.
- Items found in a Epic (purple) version will cost 400 materials.
- Items found in a Legendary (gold) version will cost 500 materials.
The prices are pretty steep for the best items, but you get what you pay for. Are you willing to spend 500 metal for a golden SCAR assault rifle? The choice is yours.